ZET - Astrology Software
ZET 9 Lite - basic function set, for amateur of astrology
ZET 9 Pro - expanded function set, for astrologer and advanced amateur
ZET 9 Geo - flagship modification with maximal functionality, for professional astrologer
Latest version 9, release 225 of 14 November 2014
To install ZET 9 Lite in your computer:
Download ZET 9 Lite installer (distribution kit):
Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
The default installation path is C:\Program Files\ZET 9\.
With Windows Vista, 7, 8 do not use system folder
Program Files (x86), but use e.g. D:\ZET 9\.
This may be changed if you require a different path.
The program is about ready to use.
With Windows Vista, 7, 8 you should to run ZET in administrator
mode. To set this mode:
- open menu of ZET shortcut on a desktop (right mouse click),
- choose "Properties" item,
- choose "Shortcut" tab,
- click "Advanced" button,
- check on "Run as Administrator" option,
- click "OK" twice.
Run it from the "ZET 9" shortcut on the Desktop.
Do not use ZET in maximized mode with Windows, 7, 8, it may dramatically reduces
computer speed (but the full-screen mode is allowed).
If still problem, shot the "User Account Control" Windows tool.
Also recommended following way:
1. Download the Windows Virtual PC from Microsoft web-site and install "Windows XP Mode".
2. Install ZET to virtual Windows XP, which appears in the system.
3. Move ZET shortcut to "All Users: catalog.
4. Run ZET from "Start" menu.
If you have any problems while running ZET, see here.
If you use Chineze, Japaneze or Korean language, then set a "^" degree glyph
instead of "circle" one. To do that click "Settings" button, select "General settings",
"Misc." tab, click "^" degree symbol option. If you cannot run ZET for the first
time after installation, then download
extract Main.ini file, and replace existing one in ZET folder.
You may need to adjust the size of chart elements.
See Chart Settings, "Size".
A TrueType font is automatically installed - see Chart Settings, "Fonts",
"TrueType Font" option. When selected, the correct glyphs for planets should display on the chart wheel.
If not, you will need to install the font manually as follows:
1. Open Windows Control Panel
2. Select "Fonts"
3. Select the "File" menu
4. Select "Install font..."
5. In the window which appears set the folder path to the ZET 9 installation folder
6. Select the line "WinstarTT", and click "OK"
You should now be able to use this font in the program.
Install current updates (see "Help" button, "Update ZET" menu item).
If you wish, you can install additional files and utilities:
- ZET sound files
- The Hipparcos star catalog
- Textures for planet surfaces
- Additional interpretation texts
- Additional Swiss Ephemeris files
- ZET astronomical photo-album
- ZET astrological art gallery
- Time Calculator
See "Additional Files" chapter below.
ZET runs on an Intel based Mac (OS 10.5 / 10.9+)
ZET runs perfectly on OS X Mavericks.
ZET 9 runs fine on a mac using a windows wrapper.
Tested so far with WineSkin
1. Download wineskin & drop it to the applications folder
2. Launch wineskin and press update for latest wrapper
3. Press '+' to install wine engine
4. Press 'create new blank wrapper'
5. Name it zet 9.app and place it in your application folder (natively it will be placed in /userhome/user/application/wineskin)
6. Launch zet 9.app and select 'install windows software'
7. Follow the steps, let wineskin install gecko and choose the zet installation file, ie. Zet9setup130-en.exe
8. From now on, the installer will work as on a PC... be patient
9. At the end, choose 'zet.exe' as the executable
To install the license:
1. Select zet 9.app in finder
2. Right-click on it and select 'show package content'
3. Launch the included wineskin.app
4. Select 'install windows software' again
5. Choose the lincense installer executeable
6. When done, choose again 'zet.exe' as executable
That's it. Launch zet 9.app and zet should start and behave as in windows.
Updating ZET 9 to latest release
The update is intended to correct the program.
The need for correction of program errors,
and when the program features are added. The update releases are numbered.
Watch out for them and try to set them on a regular basis.
You can see description of the updates on the News page.
ATTENTION: if your ZET release number less than 199, then
you may update it up to current release only manually (see below).
Since 199th release the autoupdate is available.
To fillfull the upgrade, use ZET auto-update wizard (see "Help" button, "Update ZET" menu item).
To install updates manually do following:
- Download following files, if issied later, then a distribution kit from
which you installed ZET
(specify with appropriate dialog to save downloaded files in ZET folder):
Updating "Planet textures" of 9 June 2012.
Updating of user guide of 10 June 2012.
"Font_16_B1.zfn" font, larger, than standard
"Font.zfn". Select it by "Chart Settings", "Font", "ZET Font", "...".
It is thus recommended to choose the corresponding size of fonts of planet's list
See a screenshot of ZET on Windows 7 in a
"Large text" mode ("Control panel", "Registration and personalisation", "Screen").
Update of files of 2 February 2014.
Update of files of 22 April 2014.
Swiss Ephemeris calculation module (dll) release 2.00
unpack to [ZET 9] folder when program closed.
Update of files of 4 July 2014.
Update of user manual and interface of 17 August 2014.
Update of Atlas of 23 August 2014.
Update of interface of 9 September 2014.
Update of interface (messages) of 25 October 2014.
Update of time zone tables of 26 October 2014.
- ZET 9 executable file update, release 225 of 14 November 2014
for ZET 9 Lite:
or, if you are registered Pro or Geo user:
- Downloaded files are the RAR archives, unpack them (ZET should not be running when you perform the update):
When unpack the professional update, you will asked to enter password for the encrypted file.
Enter the password of professional access.
- with WinRAR program, to do that:
- Open the file-archive, will appears a window with a list of lines and folders,
which contained in this archive.
- Unpack all these files and folders directly to ZET 9 folder, e.g.
C:\Program Files\ZET 9\.
- with "ZET UnRAR" utility, to do that:
- Open utility (zetunrar.exe in ZET 9 folder), will appears the list
of RAR-files, located in ZET 9 folder.
- Check the archive-files you need in the list and click "Unpack" button.
- Run ZET. On the splash-screen you can see the release number and date,
e.g., 188.8.131.5213 means Version 9, Release 163 of 13 May 2012.
Setup professional ZET Pro or Geo
You may read about professional ZET versions Pro and Geo at the
ZET features page.
To get professional ZET Pro or Geo version do following:
||Purchase a Registration Key for the ZET version you require
(see the Registration page).
||If you order the electronic delivery, I will send you by email
the necessary Internet links and passwords.
If you order ZET 9 CD delivery,
I will send you the CD and instruction by registered mail package.|
Further points relates to delivery over the Internet.
||Download your key file. Install it: open and follow dialog.
You will asked to input the password of your key.
During installation a little black window blinks.
||Download ZET 9 professional installer. Install it: open and follow
dialog. You will asked to input the password of professional upgrade.
Skip messages of file absence (or fonts just exists) if appears while installaton.
A ZET shortcut will appears on a decktop of your computer.
||For ZET Geo modification:
Download the topographical map installer. Open it and follow dialog.
While installation you should specify a path to ZET 9 folder,
which you choose while step 4.
||Run ZET by double click ZET shortcut on a decktop.
||When ZET runs, press F1 key and read user manual.
See also the User Instruction for
installation ZET Professional.
You can install the following additional files (if not exists in professional distribution kit):
When unzipping these files it is necessary to specify a path to the main ZET folder,
"C:\Program Files\ZET 9\".
Backing-up your data and settings
Situations may arise in which it is necessary to transfer the program onto another computer, or
to restore it after reinstallation of the operating system, or to transfer data and settings
from an old version of the program to a new one. In these case, after installation of the latest distribution kit,
you will need to copy the following files and folders over from the back-up media. It is desirable
in any case to make back-up copies of these on a regular basis. (In the following list [ZET] stands for
the folder where ZET was installed):
If you have nodified any of the following files, you will need to transfer them:
- [ZET]\DBase\ folder with all files - Databases,
- [ZET]\History.log file - History of calculations log,
- *.ini files from [ZET]\LANGUAGE\English\Config\ folder - ZET configuration files.
- Virtuals.lst file from [ZET]\LANGUAGE\English\ folder - the catalog of virtual objects,
- UserPro.lst file from [ZET]\LANGUAGE\English\ folder - the catalog of dual chart types,
- [ZET]\*.fnt files - ZET fonts,
- [ZET]\Asters.dat file - the catalog of asteroids (if you manually added
asteroids to it, instead of automatically scanning the Swiss folder),
- [ZET]\AsterFont.dat file - the glyphs for asteroids,
- [ZET]\StarFont.dat file - the glyphs for stars,
- Your own interpretation texts (*.txt files) in [ZET]\LANGUAGE\English\Txt\ folder,
- Orb tables (*.asp files) in [ZET]\ASPECTS\ folder.