ZET - Astrology Software
ZET 9 Lite - basic function set, for amateur of astrology
ZET 9 Pro - expanded function set, for astrologer and advanced amateur
ZET 9 Geo - flagship modification with maximal functionality, for professional astrologer
Latest version 9, release 200 of 13 May 2013
To install ZET 9 Lite in your computer:
Download ZET 9 Lite installer (distribution kit):
Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
The default installation path is C:\Program Files\ZET 9\.
With Windows Vista or Windows 7 do not use system folder
Program Files (x86), but use e.g. D:\ZET 9\.
This may be changed if you require a different path.
If you have ZET 8, it is not necessary to install ZET 9 over it
in the ZET 8 folder - this is not an upgrade, but a different program.
If the installation process stopped on the "Registration Wstartt.ttf" stage,
then close installer and do following:
- create a shortcut for installer,
- set property "Run as Administrator" in this shortcut,
- set property "Compatibility with XP",
- run installer by this shortcut.
If not success, disable your anty-virus temporary during installation.
The program is about ready to use.
With Windows Vista or Windows 7 you should to run ZET in administrator
mode. To set this mode:
- open menu of ZET shortcut on a desktop (right mouse click),
- choose "Properties" item,
- choose "Shortcut" tab,
- click "Advanced" button,
- check on "Run as Administrator" option,
- click "OK" twice.
Run it from the "ZET 9" shortcut on the Desktop.
Do not use ZET in maximized mode with Windows Vista or Windows 7, it dramatically reduces
computer speed (but the full-screen mode is allowed).
If still problem, shot the "User Account Control" Windows tool.
Also recommended following way:
1. Download the Windows Virtual PC from Microsoft web-site and install "Windows XP Mode".
2. Install ZET to virtual Windows XP, which appears in the system.
3. Move ZET shortcut to "All Users: catalog.
4. Run ZET from "Start" menu.
If you try to run ZET and got a message about a virus or malware, do not worry,
there is false alarm, just input "zet.exe", "zetupd.exe" and "TimeCalc.exe" files to
ignore list (trust area) of your antivirus (anti-malware) program.
E.g. for Malwarebytes software:
1. After scanning of your computer there is following list of the found
2. Allocate each of these lines and press the "Ignore" button.
This you enter the specified program modules in the list of the entrusted programs:
3. Press the Main Menu button and confirm changes.
4. Press the "Ignore List" button. There has to be approximately a following:
P.S. The problem with false alarm of Malwarebytes is already solved.
If you use Chineze, Japaneze or Korean language, then set a "^" degree glyph
instead of "circle" one. To do that click "Settings" button, select "General settings",
"Misc." tab, click "^" degree symbol option. If you cannot run ZET for the first
time after installation, then download
extract Main.ini file, and replace existing one in ZET folder.
Update ZET to the latest release with auto-update wizard
If ZET starts with "Error #nn" message, where "nn" is any number,
see Q&A page to get a hint.
If the auto-update function do not work by any reason, you can do it manually
(see "Updating ZET 9 Lite to latest release" chapter below).
If you have ZET 8 on your computer,
you can import your existing databases into ZET 9.
The import facility is on the DataBase menu (lext pan): select "Import/Export", and follow the instructions
of the import wizard.
You may need to adjust the size of chart elements.
See Chart Settings, "Size".
A TrueType font is automatically installed - see Chart Settings, "Fonts",
"TrueType Font" option. When selected, the correct glyphs for planets should display on the chart wheel.
If not, you will need to install the font manually as follows:
1. Open Windows Control Panel
2. Select "Fonts"
3. Select the "File" menu
4. Select "Install font..."
5. In the window which appears set the folder path to the ZET 9 installation folder
6. Select the line "WinstarTT", and click "OK"
You should now be able to use this font in the program.
If you wish, you can install additional files and utilities:
- ZET sound files
- The Hipparcos star catalog
- Textures for planet surfaces
- Additional interpretation texts
- Additional Swiss Ephemeris files
- ZET astronomical photo-album
- ZET astrological art gallery
- Time Calculator
See "Additional Files" chapter below.
ZET runs on an Intel based Mac (OS 10.5 / 10.6)
ZET 9 runs fine on a mac using a windows wrapper.
Tested so far with WineSkin
1. Download wineskin & drop it to the applications folder
2. Launch wineskin and press update for latest wrapper
3. Press '+' to install wine engine
4. Press 'create new blank wrapper'
5. Name it zet 9.app and place it in your application folder (natively it will be placed in /userhome/user/application/wineskin)
6. Launch zet 9.app and select 'install windows software'
7. Follow the steps, let wineskin install gecko and choose the zet installation file, ie. Zet9setup130-en.exe
8. From now on, the installer will work as on a PC... be patient
9. At the end, choose 'zet.exe' as the executable
To install the license:
1. Select zet 9.app in finder
2. Right-click on it and select 'show package content'
3. Launch the included wineskin.app
4. Select 'install windows software' again
5. Choose the lincense installer executeable
6. When done, choose again 'zet.exe' as executable
That's it. Launch zet 9.app and zet should start and behave as in windows.
Updating ZET 9 to latest release
If your ZET supports the auto-update, then use ZET auto-update wizard
("Help" button, "Update ZET" menu item).
In other case you can install the latest release manually.
If a date of issue of your ZET earlier, than 1 January 2012,
reinstall the program from a new distribution kit (see item 1 above).
To install updates manually do following:
- Download following files, if issied later, then your ZET release
(specify with appropriate dialog to save downloaded files in ZET folder):
Updating "Planet textures" of 9 June 2012.
Updating of user guide of 10 June 2012.
"Font_16_B1.zfn" font, larger, than standard
"Font.zfn". Select it by "Chart Settings", "Font", "ZET Font", "...".
It is thus recommended to choose the corresponding size of fonts of planet's list
See a screenshot of ZET on Windows 7 in a
"Large text" mode ("Control panel", "Registration and personalisation", "Screen").
Update of time zones tables of 21 March 2013. For ZET 9 only.
- ZET 9 executable file update, release 200 of 13 May 2013
for ZET 9 Lite:
or, if you are registered Pro or Geo user:
- Downloaded files are the RAR archives, unpack them (ZET should not be running when you perform the update):
When unpack the professional update, you will asked to enter password for the encrypted file.
Enter the password of professional access.
- with WinRAR program, to do that:
- Open the file-archive, will appears a window with a list of lines and folders,
which contained in this archive.
- Unpack all these files and folders directly to ZET 9 folder, e.g.
C:\Program Files\ZET 9\.
- with "ZET UnRAR" utility, to do that:
- Open utility (zetunrar.exe in ZET 9 folder), will appears the list
of RAR-files, located in ZET 9 folder.
- Check the archive-files you need in the list and click "Unpack" button.
- Run ZET. On the splash-screen you can see the release number and date,
e.g., 220.127.116.1113 means Version 9, Release 163 of 13 May 2012.
Backing-up your data and settings
Situations may arise in which it is necessary to transfer the program onto another computer, or
to restore it after reinstallation of the operating system, or to transfer data and settings
from an old version of the program to a new one. In these case, after installation of the latest distribution kit,
you will need to copy the following files and folders over from the back-up media. It is desirable
in any case to make back-up copies of these on a regular basis. (In the following list [ZET] stands for
the folder where ZET was installed):
If you have nodified any of the following files, you will need to transfer them:
- [ZET]\DBase\ folder with all files - Databases,
- [ZET]\History.log file - History of calculations log,
- *.ini files from [ZET]\LANGUAGE\English\Config\ folder - ZET configuration files.
- Virtuals.lst file from [ZET]\LANGUAGE\English\ folder - the catalog of virtual objects,
- UserPro.lst file from [ZET]\LANGUAGE\English\ folder - the catalog of dual chart types,
- [ZET]\*.fnt files - ZET fonts,
- [ZET]\Asters.dat file - the catalog of asteroids (if you manually added
asteroids to it, instead of automatically scanning the Swiss folder),
- [ZET]\AsterFont.dat file - the glyphs for asteroids,
- [ZET]\StarFont.dat file - the glyphs for stars,
- Your own interpretation texts (*.txt files) in [ZET]\LANGUAGE\English\Txt\ folder,
- Orb tables (*.asp files) in [ZET]\ASPECTS\ folder.
Upgrading ZET Lite to professional Pro or Geo
You may read about professional ZET versions Pro and Geo at the
ZET features page.
To upgrade ZET to the required version:
||Purchase a Registration Key for the ZET version you require
(see the Registration page).
||Read the User Instruction for
installation ZET Professional.
||Install the registration key according this Instruction.
||Install the professional upgrade as described above in the
"Updating ZET 9 to latest release" chapter, or professional installer.
||[Geo] Install a topographical map (optional).
You can install the following additional files (exists in professional distribution kit):
When unzipping these files it is necessary to specify a path to the main ZET folder,
"C:\Program Files\ZET 9\".
ZET 9 CD
You can order ZET 9 Geo CD with delivering by postal mail.
The CD contains full ZET installation set, which consists all ZET components,
including new just updated topographical map 471 MB in size,
not required additional steps to install it.